Overview of Philosophy, History and Our Uniqueness
At TARA Spa Therapy, we're passionate about education! The heart and soul of our company is expanding awareness through education in wholistic health modalities that promote healing through balance, and providing products and tools that support and encourage positive lifestyle changes. We give depth and dimension to our education by teaching the basic philosophy, principles and wisdom behind the treatment modalities and reinforcing knowledge through personal experience. When we feel what we know in every cell of our body, our spirit becomes impassioned. This is the goal of TARA Education.
Tara and our team of Educators share their passion for these healing systems with spa staffs throughout the country, inspiring them to achieve full potential in their professional and personal growth. These spa professionals, in turn, expand the awareness of countless individuals whom they touch, and plant the seeds that will grow into a deeper relationship with self and an enhanced quality of life.
TARA Education was launched in 1987 by Tara herself, a certified Massage Therapist and Wholistic Health Educator. She earned an additional certification as an Ayurvedic Practitioner after studying for 3 years with renowned Ayurvedic physician, Dr. Vasant Lad, at the College of Natural Medicine. Tara pursued further studies with the pioneer of Ayurvedic skin care, Pratima Raichur, N.D. and numerous internationally acclaimed Master Aromatherapists. Years of practice in her own clinic and many years as a teacher of massage and yoga have deepened her knowledge in the realm of health and well being. Today, she is joined by a team of highly skilled and experienced Educators, who take our education program to the finest hotel, resort and day spas in the country.
When Tara first encountered the spa world, services were limited to beauty and pampering. She was instrumental in promoting spa treatment programming that was more substantial and therapeutically based. Tara introduced Ayurveda into the spa world after distilling and synthesizing the medically based treatments into a comprehensive education and treatment program adapted to the spa. Ayurveda was one of the first truly wholistic programs to be incorporated into a Spa service menu, and is becoming a key component in most spa treatment programs in the country. Today, Ayurveda is just one of a full range of trainings in therapeutic modalities offered through TARA Spa Therapy.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
- A Comprehensive Program that makes it possible for spas to easily implement otherwise sophisticated services into their treatment menus.
- Customized services designed to meet the particular needs of each spa.
- Inspiration. Our Educators inspire their students because they passionately believe and live what they teach. We share the basic principles, philosophy and wisdom behind the treatments to take them to a deeper level of understanding. The hands-on practical experience of giving and receiving, then gives our students the ability to perform the treatments with confidence and share the benefits with their clients.
- We Go Beyond. While we offer a full line of both professional and retail products to support our treatment program, it isn't based on the use of our specific products. We train treatment modalities which are not limited to the use of our products.
- Sales through Education. We encourage your staff to take pride in their responsibility as health professionals to share information with their clients about the products that are being used in their treatments. We help change their perception of this role from "sales" to "client education."
- A New Perception of retail as a "Living Wellness Center." Our Educators emphasize the importance of therapists encouraging clients not to leave their spa experiences behind. Products used in treatments can be purchased at retail and taken home where their spa experience can be recreated and incorporated as a positive enhancement to their lifestyle. To further facilitate this key element, our sales staff compliments our technical trainings by offering on-going product knowledge, sharing sales and display techniques and creating product excitement for your front desk and retail staffs.
- We never forget you! We're committed to coming back on a regular basis to provide refresher trainings for your staff to insure that the quality and integrity of the treatments are maintained.
- Support Services. Our goal is to be an indispensable aid to spa management in providing tools, suggestions and all the assistance we can, to help you create and maintain quality staff training, treatment implementation and quality services for your spa.
TARA THERAPEUTIC WELLNESS PROGRAMS:
Aromatherapy Personalized Blending
Aromatherapy Signature Massage
Essential Oil Wrap
Leg Tonifying Treatment
Mineral Therapy Body Exfoliation
Ayurvedic Herbal Wrap
Hair & Scalp Treatment
Hand & Foot Treatments
Herbal Body Rejuvenation
The Nirvana (Herbal Body Treatment & The Shirodhara)
Ultimate Bliss (Herbal Body Treatment,
The Shirodhara & Wholistic Ayurvedic Facial)
Wholistic Ayurvedic Facial
Ayurvedic Hydrating Facial
Ayurvedic Soothing Facial
Ayurvedic Purifying Facial
Ayurvedic Mini Face Treatment
Mud Purification Treatment
Native Grains Body Exfoliation
Seaweed Remineralizing Body Wrap
Seaweed Hand and Foot Treatment
Couples Loving Luxury
Couples Loving Retreat
Men's True Grit Facial
Men's True Grit Body Treatment
The Ultimate Unwind
ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
Women's Wellness Remedy
Leg Tonifying Aromatherapy Treatment
FOR HAND & FOOT
Rejuvenating Hand & Foot Treatments
Sole Revival Foot Treatment
Complimentary Educator fees are available to hotel, resort and day spas with opening product orders in Aromatherapy and/or Ayurveda of $5,000 and $7,000 respectively, and subsequent annual sales totaling a minimum of $10,000. Fee based trainings begin at $700-$800 per day. All clients are responsible for airfare, $40 per diem for meals, staff meals or food discount and Educator accommodations.
Treatments marked by an * are not part of our basic education program and are fee-based trainings.
For detailed information on treatments offered, go to Training Program.
To request an educational catalog call our Education Coordinator at 831-624-9570 Ext. 13.